Funding wins for local sports and community groups
Thursday, 18 February 2016
Ten not-for-profit organisations in the Maroochydore electorate are celebrating funding wins from latest quarterly round of the State Government Gambling Community Benefit Fund.
Funds totalling over $200,000 will support the vital work of these hardworking local community groups and help Sunshine Coast residents to lead more active lives and be connected in the community.
Successful organisations within the Maroochydore electorate were:
• Sunshine Coast Dragons Abreast - $15,000 towards dragon boats and trailers;
• Coolum HeARTS - $6,850 to purchase equipment;
• Maroochydore Meals on Wheels - $31,818 to install solar system;
• C & K Maroochy Family Day Care - $10,820 to install air conditioning;
• Mooloolaba Paddlers - $17,000 towards surf skis and equipment;
• Coolum Cricket Club - $21,745 to upgrade training nets;
• Coolum Football Club - $25,847 to upgrade drainage;
• Mooloolaba Netball Club - $33,650 to install shade sail;
• Marcoola Surf Lifesaving Club - $31,818 to install solar system;
• Sunshine Coast Rowing Club - $12,000 to purchase rowing boat.
I would like to encourage local groups to apply for the next round of funding before 29th February 2016.
For more information or to see a full list of recipients please visit: