Spring funding boost for local community groups
Monday, 29 September 2014
Seven not-for-profit organisations in the Maroochydore electorate will be celebrating funding wins from latest quarterly round of the State Government Gambling Community Benefit Fund.
Member for Maroochydore Fiona Simpson said the funds totalling $183,984 would help these hardworking groups to continue their invaluable work in the local community.
“Our local groups play a huge role in our communities and this funding boost will help our dedicated volunteers to continue to provide services and facilities that benefit people from all walks of life,” Ms Simpson said.
Successful organisations within the Maroochydore electorate were:
· Sunshine 60 & Better Group Inc, $20,331 to purchase equipment;
· Mudjimba Surf Life Saving Club Inc, $17,451.44 to purchase medical and AV equipment;
· Alexandra Mooloolaba Kindergarten Inc, $19,774.55 to upgrade facilities;
· Coolum Beach Community Pre-School & Kindergarten Assoc Inc, $31,626.37 to upgrade playground facilities;
· Quality Lifestyle Alliance Inc, $31,163.73 to purchase IT equipment and upgrade facilities;
· Mudjimba Community Kindergarten & Pre-School Assoc Inc, $31,818.18 to upgrade facilities;
· Apex Queensland Youth Camps Limited, $31,818.18 to upgrade facilities.
Ms Simpson encouraged all local groups to apply for the next round of funding before the end of November 2014.
For more information or to see a full list of recipients please visit http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/corporate/sponsorships-and-grants/grants/community-benefit-funding-programs/successful-funding-applications.